Live Now.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world..." -Ghandi

Thursday, March 08, 2007

March (the month, not the action).

I have these moments when I really wish I could just blog out all the things that are happening, things I am seeing, etc...but in most of these moments, I am no where near a computer or I am just doing other things that I don't want to walk away from for a compter! So here I am days later with too much to say.

Some people have been asking me about Andrew, so here's the news. On Sunday (March 11) he is booked for his RCMP polygraph test. This is the last stage of his application, so we will let you know the news when we hear it. And yes, I have submitted my questions! (haha).

As for my work/school/future...I got my acceptance letter on Friday - I am now "officially" in the Social Work program at the University of Regina! Woop Woop! I love it so far and am excited for next years classes and experience! I am volunteering at the North Central Family Centre as a part of my program - and because my heart took me there. And oh man, do I love it so far! I haven't done a ton yet, but I met the kids, had some conversations, and fell in love with my work there within the first 30 seconds! That is another blog entry in itself - coming soon. :)

Andrew's parents, Darryl and Janice have been here for the last two weekends which was so much fun. (Darryl - we forgot to play Sequence!) Last weekend though, was a hard one for their family, and even for me as a complete stranger to many of them. Andrew's first cousin Chris was killed in a car accident at such a young age. Among many broken hearts and questions, it was also an amazing example of what family is. The people who hold you, cry with you, hurt for you, laugh with you, remember with you, and love you in good days and through the hard ones.

If you live here, you might be like me and have wet slush on the hems of your pants. That makes me excited. Andrew and I have been "playing in the snow" a lot lately. Last weekend we spent Saturday afternoon climbing up onto the garage roof and jumping off into the huge snow drifts in the backyard. Shannon came out for that one too. Andrew, in all of his boyness, probably found it natural to attack us with snow at one point, but we got our revenge later on as we pushed snow off the roof onto Andrew below! Dont mess with us. We are the garage roof queens. Then last night, Andrew and me went for a walk and played in the snow for a couple hours. We found ourselves at the IMAX/Science Centre playground and couldn't just walk past. You can make your own thunder and lift the world. We climbed up big snow piles then slid down, saw some snowshoers, and before we made it back home, Andrew taught me some James Bond moves. He's much better than me. I usually ended up at the top of the snow drift instead of on the other side. I guess if it was real-life James Bond, I would have been toast. Phewf.

Speaking of Andrew, he just called for a ride home, so Im out.

7 Comments:

Blogger chelsey said...

wow i am so excited for you carly! congrats on being "official". God is taking you on an amazing journey.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Listen Carly, you gotta be careful when you start jumping off things with Andrew. One minute your having all kinds of fun, then next thing you know he's kicking you in the back of the head and throwing you off a huge pile of mats to your death -or at least to your sprained ankle. Seriously, that's how it happens, every time.

And, congrats on getting in, that's awesome. And to Andrew for making it this far, way to go.

Ryan

5:32 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I hear that over 600 people applied and only 87 got in, you must be one proud cookie - I know I am! Good luck to Andrew!

Auntie L

7:44 PM  
Blogger xblairx said...

if andrew gets into the rcmp, can he get me out of my $220.00 ticket i just got? i mean, come on, he's gotta be good for something, right?

12:17 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Congratulations!
That is exciting to hear about both of you! Let us know how it goes! I miss you guys and love you!
Leah

2:59 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:59 PM  
Blogger chelsea rae said...

yeh...congrats charlie! i am pumped for you...and pumped about the slush around my jeans...spring is here!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home