Live Now.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world..." -Ghandi

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sometimes a girl just has to bop

I'm in a groove today. I went to school for a few hours, witnessed my first student rally, got two psychology classes transferred into my social work program (!), talked to my beautiful gramma (or should I say laughed with my gramma), and cleaned out my room/got some clothes ready to give to VV Boutique (Value Village). I had my music up loud, and bopped the whole time. That is one of my favourite things - Bopping to loud music while Im doing, well, anything. Sometimes Andrew will call and has to ask me if Im having a party. Usually Im just doing the dishes, or doing nothing. Sometimes a girl just has to bop. Shannon would agree with me. We want to be back up dancers. You can guess which one of us wants to be a backup dancer for Michael Jackson...I know you guys would love to see that.

It's a good day. My grampa told me when I was a little girl that he woke up every morning and said to himself "This is the day that the lord has made. I will be glad and rejoice in it." He is very wise, and I want to be like him. Today, I am. Today I have a lot of joy. And speaking of my grampa, you should see him bop. At a wedding this summer, he pulled me out of my chair and we rocked the dance floor and laughed the entire time. Then there's my dad, and boy can he dance. He and my mom turn 50 this year and it is SO much fun watching them - they're awesome! And it is so much fun dancing with dad - He's a good teacher in many ways! Anyways, you get the point. Whether it is through the people in my life, my classes at school, my job, or just knowing that I am his child, God gives me joy. And this is just another day to rejoice in.

I'm out. I gotta bop over to see Andrew! (He's fabulous).

7 Comments:

Blogger xblairx said...

newsflash...

andrew is not fabulous.




he's just dreamy

9:10 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Hey Carly,
I get such great joy from reading your blog, from watching you grow up since you were a little girl, from watching the simple joy on Haliegh's face when she gets to send time with you, from watching you lavish your time and love on the kids that I know from the community. You are awesome and your JOY shines through!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

pretty bad, I can't even spell my own kids name. That would be Haleigh! Yikes.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Were you be bopping to MMMBop by any chance? I think Uncle Randy might have some be bopping on tape ... or have you ever busted in on someone who was be bopping ... just ask Peyton ... that one makes me smile every time and especially the way you tell it Carly ... love ya!

8:57 AM  
Blogger chelsea rae said...

carly...where are you???
i just wanted to say hi! and to tell you that there is a girl on america's next top model who is really really white, although technically she is half african american...but just got a lot of her dad's whitey genes...and it reminded me of you! ha ha!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Hey Carly - you're right - but when you have children and you just have to bop, you also have to put up with the editorial comments from the next gen... and they aren't kind!

1:02 PM  
Blogger xblairx said...

you should bop yourself on down to HMV to get the new Means disc. sooo good...

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home