Live Now.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world..." -Ghandi

Sunday, January 21, 2007

What Not to do at Home Depot

Okay, in my defense I don't follow car talk that well and in this situation, where we were looking for "2.5 inch piping for the inner cooler of Andrew's car," my imagination simply took over.

What Not to do at Home Depot...

There we were, in an aisle at Home Depot with every kind of piping imaginable. Big, little, black, white, rounded, straight. Yes, it was incredible. A girls dreamland really. As Andrew inspected the different sized pipes (or whatever else you inspect on those things), I thought that it would be really cool to make a robot costume out of them all.

So, I slid on a curved black tube that would fit around my elbow perfectly. Halfway up my arm I realized that maybe this wasn't the best idea in the world, as thick black grease transferred from the stinkin' robot pipe onto my arm.

At that moment, a HomeDepot employee was walking up the aisle towards us. I had found some paper towel and was attempting to wipe the grease off when he asked me what Andrew had done to me. I was embarrased a little bit, and replied; "Well...I guess it wasn't really necessary for me to do that..."

They laughed, and my attempt to be a cool, car-smart, home improvement type girlfriend backfired, and I mostly just looked like a doofus.

Moral of the story:

Clean out piping before making cool robot costumes

--------OR--------

Just don't stick your arm through greasy pipes

2 Comments:

Blogger chelsea rae said...

i hate when i do that!

just joking! funny story carly! i feel like if i was there i would have jumped on the robot band-wagon with you...sounds like fun!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey Carly, there is some seriously good reading at:

http://rgoodwin21.blogspot.com/

check it out and pass it on.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home